Prior to each major release, add labels to closed issues as follows:
docs_required- new features and improvements which need documenting, also changes which require the existing documentation to be updated.
ui_change- significant changes to the student or teacher user interface.
upgrade_notes- issues that may affect upgraded sites such as new site admin settings, user tours, major UI changes.
- Go through the list of closed MDL docs_required-labelled issues and write documentation based on the issue description or testing instructions. If it's unclear, comment in the issue asking for help.
- Go through the list of ui_change-labelled issues for the version e.g. ui_change-labelled issues with 4.3 fix version and update existing documentation including screenshots.
- Go through the list of upgrade_notes-labelled issues for the version e.g. upgrade_notes-labelled issues with 4.3 fix version and add documentation to the docs page Upgrading under 'Possible issues that may affect you in Moodle x'.
- When saving the documentation wiki edit, mention the tracker issue number in the edit summary.
- For a new feature or improvement with at least a paragraph of documentation, edit the tracker issue and add the documentation link. For an existing documentation update, there is no need to add a documentation link.
- Optional: Add a comment to the tracker issue with the documentation link.
- Remove the
docs_requiredlabel from the tracker issue. Leave the
upgrade_noteslabels on the issues.